Fall is coming quickly. PSLs (Pumpkin Spiced Lattes) are already at Starbucks and I don’t feel ready for this! School starts in 3 days and soon the leaves will start falling and the best summer of my life so far will come to an end and I’ll have time to reflect and be truly thankful for it all.
With colder weather comes warm drinks, layers on layers, blanket scarves and beanies. Crisp mornings and the smell of winter coming will soon be here. I love fall. Like LOVE fall. It always feels kind of like a new beginning. I’m not sure if it’s because I work in a school, or because growing up each new school year came with some new clothes and a new chance to be who I wanted to be (I was a profound child)… But, even now it feels like a breath of fresh air.
This year, to help myself take full advantage of such a beautiful, but short season, I’m making a bucket list. Here it is!
Fall Bucket List
- photograph the brilliant colors
- take full advantage of the fall inspired drinks at Starbucks…
TIP: if you can’t stand the sweetness of their pumpkin spice lattes, ask for it half sweet. I do half sweet & half-caf to avoid the jitters.
- Have a little fall photo shoot
- Cook fall-inspired meals. Here’s a dish I really want to try!
- Bake fall-inspired treats! I love treats! & I love pumpkin. Like more than a normal person should. So I’m going to try and bake & freeze lots of yummy treats. Here’s one I can’t wait to bake.
- Put together a fall-themed puzzle.
- Make a fall inspired wreath
- Pick our pumpkins from a pumpkin patch
- Go to a haunted house
- Bake a pumpkin pie from scratch
- watch as many Halloween movies as possible
- Host a smores bonfire
- Make caramel apples!
- Start gratitude journalling in the spirit of Thanksgiving
I hope you’re all as excited for Fall as I am! & If you aren’t, try some of these fun things.