I’ve decided- made a conscious decision, that in 2018 I will let go of my demons. I will drop the misconception that the only way to fight depression is to kill myself trying. I will stop criticizing myself in the mirror. The person staring back doesn’t appreciate it. I will eat well. And, when I don’t eat well, I won’t hate myself for it. I will allow myself to use crutches, but never to rely on them. I will hold the hands of the people I love and tell them more just how much they mean to me. I will become comfortable with time alone. I will support my friends, but only when I can do so without sacrificing my own well-being. I will give the energy I wish to receive, and I will give until I can’t anymore. And then, I will take without feeling an ounce of guilt. I will love the parts of me that hurt instead of kicking them while they’re down.
2018 will be the year I spend more energy on being content in myself than ripping myself apart. It’s the year I will marry my best friend and watch one of my best friends get married a month later. It’s the year I use my education in creative ways. The year I kiss my dog right on the mouth ’cause I love him so.
5 Goals for 2018
- Meditate as much as possible. Right now I’m using the app Hello Mind.
- Read articles that lift me up. Right now I’m hooked on The Mind Body Green Website.
- Journal. Right now I’m using this one and loving it – The 52 Lists Project Journal
- Eat some delicious food that’s also good for me. Right now I’m hooked on
- Love, everyone. No matter who they are- I want to find it in me to love them.
I hope everyone’s 2018 is going beautifully so far. And, if it’s not, it’s never too late to change it.