The holiday season can be especially overwhelming for people who struggle with anxiety. The financial burdens, social gatherings, disrupt of routine and family dynamics are but a few of the triggers a person with anxiety may struggle with. Throw in some seasonal blues or Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and the struggle can feel completely overwhelming.
If you know someone who struggles with anxiety or SAD, consider gifts that may help them stay present, calm and loved.
Here are 5 gifts to give someone who’s struggling through the holiday season:
- Books: Anxiety can cause people to isolate. Give them a book to keep them company during the cold holiday season.Consider these: UNPLUG: A SIMPLE GUIDE TO MEDITATION FOR BUSY SKEPTICS AND MODERN SOUL SEEKERS
Buy HereF*ck That: An Honest Meditation
O’S LITTLE BOOK OF CALM & COMFORT
- Cozy Items: Give them some warm comfort to help them feel comfortable.Consider These:
Comfort Memory Foam Slippers
Buy HereAVALANCHE PLAID ROLLED STADIUM THROW – GREYBuy Here
- Self-Care Items: These don’t have to be too fancy. Since the holidays can be a lot financially, even just buying them their favourite shampoo and conditioner can take some stress off.Consider These:Aveeno Body Wash
Buy HereThe Comforter Bubble Bar (Lush)
- Journaling Items: Journaling can be extremely helpful for people who struggle with anxiety. To make this gift extra special, inscribe something hopeful and heartfelt inside.
Consider These:IT’S GONNA BE OKAY MINI INNER TRUTH JOURNAL
HABIT TRACKING JOURNAL
- Art Supplies/Books: I know for me, art brings me back to childhood. It allows me to let go of current worries and just have fun.Consider These:
LETTERING IN THE WHIMSICAL WOODLANDS
Buy HerePencil Crayons
Dual Brush Pens
What else would you add?